- Support the Strategy and Innovation Team
- Share their vision
- Meaningful role with a purpose
Mō mātou – Our Organisation
Supporting the communities of today to shape the communities of tomorrow
Foundation North holds in trust for the communities of Auckland and Northland an endowment of over a billion dollars. This positions us uniquely to fund around $40m each year to not-for profit initiatives in our region.
Our vision is Enhanced Lives. To achieve our vision, we aim to be responsive to the changing community needs and aspirations through the four focus areas in our funding framework:
- Hāpai te Ōritetanga – Increased Equity
- Whakauru Mai – Social Inclusion
- Whakahou Taiao – Regenerative Environment
- Hāpori Awhina – Community Support
Over the last 30 years, we have assisted hundreds of organisations through grants aimed at creating positive outcomes and enhanced lives for the communities of Auckland and Northland. While we will continue our traditional community support funding, our focus will increasingly be on working in partnership with community stakeholders and other funders to achieve projects of greater scale and impact that reflect community aspirations.
Ō Tātou Uara – Our Values
Our values unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Kia kotahi te hoe – Working together
- Me mahi i roto i te tika te pono me te aroha – Doing the right thing with respect and care
- Whakamana – Enabling, uplifting and reinforcing
- Ako – Listening, learning and understanding
Ko tā mātou mahi – Our Role
This is a great opportunity to join a busy administration team working across all areas of Foundation North’s activities.
As an Administrator in the Shared Services team, your role carries multiple and diverse responsibilities including supporting the Chief Executive Officer, Pou Ārahi and the Foundation’s administration.
You will be confident working closely with the Leadership Team and other colleagues, liaising regularly with stakeholders and interacting with members of the hugely diverse range of community organisations the Foundation is privileged to serve and support.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu – What you will bring
You will come with at least five years’ relevant administration experience, with experience in not-for-profit organisations adventageous, Key to your success will be your innate ability to juggle and deliver multiple tasks and processes. You will bring a blend of technical and inter-personal skills and be able to evidence:
- Proven skills, knowledge and experience in administration
- Experience working with senior executives or leadership
- Experience with working in Office 365 and Microsoft Teams/Audio Visual Platforms
- Ability to rapidly adapt in a changing environment
- Understanding of Te Tiriti ō Waitangi and its principles
You will also
- Bring a ‘Can Do’ attitude to achieving our impactful mahi
- Be willing to join us as we journey towards being a more culturally intelligent organisation
- Bring a genuine desire to contribute to our vision of Enhanced Lives
- Have a sense of humour – we like to have fun
Tūhono mai – Join us
We value diversity and welcome applications from all walks of life. If you’re wanting a role that supports the communities of today to shape the communities of tomorrow, then apply now. In return, you will be part of a great team of professionals investing in its people, offering a competitive salary, 5 weeks’ annual leave, and a benefits package including an employee fully subsidised health insurance plan and professional development.
Apply now or call Robbie or Rachel at Quinn on (09) 309 8821.